Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gone for a while

I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now.



I had to make a quick trip to Sebastian Florida to help with my Mom after a Hospital stay and have been away from computers for a couple of weeks so I haven't posted anything lately.

The timing of my trip turned out to be very special as the day after I arrived, my sister (Pam Harris) got a call to inform her that the City of Sebastian was dedicating a plaque to honor her late husband Pete Harris at Riverview Park on the upcoming Saturday which I was able to attend.



Listen to a sample of Pete's Music - Sebastian Song


Pete Harris was a song writer and musician. He was sort of a local legend in Sebastian and South Florida with his unique style and original songs about living in Florida.

Many of his songs were about Sebastian, Micco, Sebastian River, the Intercoastal Waterway and even about local people and places.

Pete had many followers from the Ft Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Boca Raton areas that would travel to see him at Ozzies or Captain Hiram's Resort while he was becoming an Icon in Sebastian.


Pete lost a battle with brain cancer two years ago but his memories and music will live on forever.





More on Road Safety or on Forklift Safety or Optical Illusions, Web Animations, My Photography, or Truck Photos.

Oh yeah, you can check out my Smoke Tree too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. I've been working 14 hour days and no time to read blogs lately, but I still have them all in my reader and will catch up one day.