Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm having Cardiac Catheterization (Angioplasty)

I'm having Angioplasty on Wednesday



I haven't been driving commercially for the last month, I'm taking some time to maintain the ticker.

I had a very mild heart attack a couple of years ago but now occasionally suffer from Angina so I'm off to have an Angioplasty procedure done on Wednesday.

It was about this time last year I first discussed the possibility of the procedure with my Doctor because I would have Angina symptoms whenever I was in very cold winter air. Nitroglycerin works wonders to instantly to relieve the tightness and discomfort I felt so I put it off a bit.

I've had all the tests now that verify Angina so my Cardiologist wants to put a stent in just to be safe.

The only thing that bothers me about the procedure is that they do it while you are awake, sedated but awake. My Mom had a similar procedure about twenty years ago and my Brother had it done last January and they both said it was no problem, didn't feel a thing, but it still freaks me out a bit.

I still don't think this procedure will make me like the cold weather though.

Wish me luck.



More on road safety at http://www.ezee.ca
Forklift Safety at liftright.net
See Truck photos or my other photos at donssite.com
or see optical illusions or web animations

2 comments:

tahtimbo said...

My dad had this procedure a few months ago and he is fine now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know that it will go smoothly. If it was me, I would probably try to think of something to look forward to after the procedure; maybe rent a favorite movie or treat yourself to something special. Take care of yourself and let us all know how it goes.

Matthew C. Keegan said...

I offer something more than luck -- may God be with you during this procedure.

Let us know how it goes too!