Friday, April 4, 2008

Aggressive Highway Driver

There is a dangerous behavior I encounter occasionally while driving a truck past highway entry ramps. Vehicles entering the highway racing past the end of the on ramp to get in front of the truck.

A guy in a pick up truck did it today when I was already going 60 mph in solid traffic, he almost clipped me as he passed then instantly slammed on his brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me when the shoulder narrowed and he had to merge.


Luckily I wasn't carrying an unstable load because I had to hit my brakes to avoid hitting him.

He has stolen MY SAFETY SPACE and could have potentially caused a serious accident.

Some people just don't get it when it comes to road safety.

Road Safety tips at http://www.ezee.ca
Forklift Safety at liftright.net
or see my photos at donssite.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't it the truth?! You know, a lot of people wrongly think that since you have 18 wheels, you have more braking power. They forget that 80,000 pounds pushes you further down the road than their 3,000 pound car. Some people in cars are just plain idiots.

The Indic Views said...

You’ve put together a very nice blog indeed! I just want to mention about teenage drivers. The way they drive is really scary. That's why I have started using a tiny GPS tracking device (AnyTrack)to keep a track of my teenage daughter. It gives me real time info about the location of the car she is in. Recently I rescued her from an accident spot right after I came to know that she was in trouble. It's really useful b'coz you can locate the car anytime you wish and take necessary steps to ensure her safety. And it's surprisingly cheap too.

For more info, follow the link below:
http://www.anytrack.com/gps100.html

or do some research on the internet.

Santa editorial said...

my grandfa was a long-time passenger driver... he told me that when i drive, i would always consider that the cars in my front, front and oppsotie lane are driven by morons and so i should take exra care...:-)