Saturday, March 8, 2008

NO MORE SNOW ! ! !

Has anyone else had it with this winter?

I heard on the news today that there has been snow in Toronto 42 days so far this winter and now we have this massive winter storm from Friday afternoon through the whole day Saturday to contend with.

Enough already, I have a six foot high pile of dirty grey ice at the bottom of my driveway already without this storm dropping another foot of snow to be shoveled on top of the heavy slush the snow plow is kind enough to leave me.

The snow plow driver must like me, he always leaves me a lot more than any of my neighbors, Maybe it's because I'm on the corner of a busy 4 lane road and a side street and when they "round the corner" the bulk ends up in my driveway.

My neighbor will have a little pile maybe a foot high and two feet wide, I walk out and see a pile in my driveway three feet high and six feet wide. My neighbors laugh about it, xxxholes!

WITH a snowblower it takes me 45 minutes to make a hole big enough for my car to get out cause it's usually refrozen icy slush and too high for the snow blower to bite.

Maybe I should move, get away from the corner, maybe to Ft. Lauderdale or Datona, I don't think the plow driver can push it that far.

Winter driving tips at http://ezee.ca
Forklift Safety at http://liftright.net
or see my photos at http://donssite.com

4 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

"No more snow!" That's it in a nutshell. I'm tired of winter.

TOMAS said...

"No more snow!" inspires the applause. Your title expresses the dreams of all. In some sense, my recent post too deals with the road and roadsigns.
It would be great to get your feedback for our life road would be more safe than it is currently. Just click on the link http://colourrain.blogspot.com/2008/03/benefits-of-blogging.html

Thank you.

Tinggay said...

Hi. I'm sorry but as I was reading your post all I could feel was envy. I haven't seen snow in my whole life. I was so envious because all I can lament about is flood -- water. :)

Susan Cook said...

I hear you, where I live in NH, we've had a record winter this year. I'm sick of snow! I'm ready for Spring. But unfortunately we will probably get more snow. Hey at least you have a snow blower! We have to get one, one of these days!