Monday, March 24, 2008

Get Off the Road

There was a cube van stopped at the beginning of a lane split where 2 lanes leave five at 65 Mph.

Traffic was swerving in both lanes the van was partially blocking which affected all lanes. Lots of brake lights and sudden lane breaches.

I don't know if the guy was broken down or trying to figure out which way to go but there were no turn signals, 4 way flashers or any other warning devices.

If he broke down, could he not have coasted 70 feet farther into the "bullnose" so he would be clear of the traffic lanes.

If he was trying to figure out which way to go, he should just LOSE HIS LICENSE FOR BEING STUPID! You Don't Stop on multi lane highways unless it's an emergency.

Over the years, I've passed and been affected by more than a dozen fatal rear end crashes where one vehicle was stopped and hit at highway speed.

If you are on a highway and you aren't traveling highway speeds, GET OFF.

More on road safety at http://www.ezee.ca
Forklift Safety at liftright.net
Or see my photos at donssite.com

2 comments:

Jack Payne said...

I wonder if you could lose your driver's license for being just plain stupid. If stupidity could be used as a just cause, our highways would be 25% lighter of traffic.

Medgirl said...

Amen to that!!! Glad am not the only one pulling my hair wondering why some people are still allowed to have a license!!! Is it me, or is the Asian community born with tunnel vision???!!! I am not prejudice but I can't help but notice that every time I have a close encounter with a stupid driver it just happens to be an Asian person...hmmm, maybe I'm just a magnet for that type!